Friday, February 17, 2012

Harold: “I love you.” Maude: “Oh Harold, that’s wonderful. Go and love some more.”

For some reason this movie makes me think of being a kid in the cold northwest and people wearing those weird quilted nylon jackets, and my parents old high school year books, and the smell of garage sales. But what a lovely tale... I would like to watching Harold & Maude right now and drink hot chocolate. But I will have to settle for some easy mac and youtube clips...since my vcr isn't hooked up yet. Mmm, vcr.




(this scene with his mother is the best... <3

"I have here Harold, the forms sent out by the National Computer Dating Service. They screen out the fat and the ugly, so it is obviously a firm of high standards. First, here is the personality interview, which you are to fill out and return. Now then are you ready, Harold? Here is the first question. Are you uncomfortable meeting new people? Well, I think thats a yes, don't you agree Harold? Should sex education be taught outside the home? I would say no, wouldn't you Harold? Yeah, we'll give a D there. Three- Should women run for President of the United States? Well I don't see why not. Absolutely yes. Do you remember jokes and take pleasure relating them to others? Well you don't do that do you Harold? Absolutely not. Do you often get the feeling that perhaps life isn't worth living? What do you think Harold? B? Oh, we'll put down C, not sure. Mmmmm hmmmm. Is the subject of sex being over exploited by our mass media? Oh well that would have to be yes. Is it difficult for you to accept critiscism? Nooo, we'll mark D. Do you sometimes have headaches or backaches after a difficult day? Yes I do indeed. Do you go to sleep easily? I'd say so. Do you believe in capital punishment for murder? Oh yes, I do indeed. In your opinion are social affairs a waste of time? Heavens no! Can God influence our lives? Absolutely yes. Does your personal religion or philosophy include a life after death? Yes indeed, absolutely yes. Did you enjoy life as a child? Yes, you were a wonderful baby Harold. Do you think the sexual revolution has gone too far? It certainly has. Do you find wife-swapping distasteful? I even find the question distasteful. Do you- **gunshot** Harold please! Do you have ups anddowns without obvious reason? Haha, thats you Harold!)



No comments:

Post a Comment