Monday, May 17, 2010

Paper People Pool Party (say that 5 times fast)

Last Saturday was the Paper Magazine Beatiful People Issue Party. You would be right in guessing that it took a good portion of my afternoon to figure out what to wear. I settled on a pair of Rockstar Biker Jeans, Express studded Blazer and some sky high Micheal Kors oxford boots. I was originally planning on have a good old fashion night in since I have been battling a cold for the past week....but I'm never one to turn down a good party. So I strapped on my tallest shoes and headed over to the Sunset strip with my pal John. (These fierce heels proved to be a bad idea by the end of night since they ended up getting a lot of miles on them.)
me, John, Algo, and friend

The party was at the Standard in Hollywood which was pretty cool, except for the glass display case with people in it...zoo style. What was up with that?


There were many a pretty faces to be seen, and even prettier clothes. Yes, that is a fanny pack you see in the pic above....you can bring it back Algo! We tried to get the dancing going but there were no bites. So we shmuzed and chatted and drank the best margaritas I have ever had.


The night ended with this guy "accidentally" getting pushed into the pool in his red and white heart boxers and running around with them half way down his tush. um,...beautiful.


Where's Waldo!! Can you find us? My feet suffered through the night but fun was had regardless. I also made off with an innertube...which will be going to the beach with me shortly. Anyone know how to surf with a plastic innertube?

3 comments:

  1. Just FYI, I'm in favor of suffering poor foot health in the name of beauty. Heels just make you look like 10 times better, and you feel like you look better.

    Also, that necklace you're wearing looks suspiciously like one I bought from Hot Topic circa 1998. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to attend an event like this. You have an awesome job. Your outfit is perfect for the event!I love the way the girl in the blue dress is wearing the red fanny pack. Cute!
    http://justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. um....I don't know what you are talking about Mariah...that's not your necklace....um what?

    ReplyDelete