Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Writing stuff.



So I was just stumbled back to my myspace account for some odd reason thought I would go dumpster diving to see what was still on there. I dug up these old poems I wrote in college...long ago in 2006. Some of them got put in this arts book called SLAM the college puts out. Hooray! Published!



Number Two on Strike

Scratch, Write, Erase
Crumple another page
Im getting kind of tired
of this lousy writer
They use and abuse
From top to bottom
As they chase
The perfect words to
say what they say
While they use me
till Im weathered away
Till I can not take back
The words that they scratch
Till I can not erase
Till they can not write
Those emotions and feelings
that are on their mind
Its always my fault
when they can not find
the write things to say
Like right now
I refuse.
I don't want to rhyme
I don't want to keep time
Damn, there I go again
Doing what they want
Now Im so dull and blunt
Cause I followed their lead
Oh will they ever see
While youre trying to make sense I'll
be just another pencil
to you.




TOM CAT

You saunter in
with your confident strut
Your smooth and subtle stealth
A tom cat.
Your eyes gleam mischief and pride
Doing exactly what you want
when you want
Giving attention when you feel
Your back itching
Wanting me to scratch
When and where you want.

You leave quietly
with your tail sticking in the air
As if to wave me goodbye
To tell me I was lucky
I had you around and
Look out for the next time
You'll want me to satisfy
Your Itch.

1 comment: