Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dirty Hair?

I just got back from a day of surfing followed by stuffing my belly full of home made hamburgers, beer, and milkshakes. I think  my stomach is going into shock. I've heard somewhere that you aren't suppose to eat meals bigger than both of your fists. Well, I'm pretty sure I'm a couple fists worth over the limit.

It's a wonderful thing to feel at peace with the world. I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the shifting seasons of Winter to Spring has made things a little happier. I went for a walk this morning for a cup of coffee and muffin and couldn't help but be over-joyed to be right were I was, doing what I was doing, and be who I am. It's funny how things like green grass and blossoming white trees can make you feel good about life and grateful that you get to experience it. Or the old ladies who shuffle by on the sidewalk and instead of saying a normal "good morning" to you, they make a frazzled comment on how "there are so many dang cigarette butts out here!"

Another thing that feels good is having a clean house. Me and my room mates did some Spring cleaning today and let me tell you, our place is Martha Stewart standard clean. You can actually reach things on the shelves, we now know where "that smell" was coming from in the refrigerator, and my dead potted plants are no longer in permanent residency on the balcony. Yep, we done good.

Ugh I can't stop twirling my hair... I'm typing with one hand, and its taking soooo much longer. I love the way my hair & skin feels when I get done being in the ocean. All salty and wavy (hair wavy, not skin.) I'm sure there is all sorts of nastyness hanging out in there but it just feels right to be all salt watery and burned out from a hard days work in the waves. I'll have you know I did shower...only cause this is LA and I might get some sort of chemical spill on me and then I would start turning into a watery goo thing like that show Alex Mac.... um actually that would be cool. Maybe no shower next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment